Future VC is looking for Community Managers for 2024.
Each summer, Future VC trains and places 10-20 candidates from underrepresented backgrounds into internship opportunities at leading VC funds. As well as paid internships at some of the top funds in Europe and the US, participants attend a series of unique masterclasses given by industry leaders that cover key knowledge areas required in VC.
We have an alumni network of more than 500 worldwide working in and around the VC industry. While current cohorts are typically active in our Slack, WhatsApp, and LinkedIn groups, we would like a Community Manager to engage both current candidates and alumni on an ongoing basis to facilitate connection and support.
The responsibilities of the Community Managers are as follows:
- Moderate Slack, WhatsApp, and LinkedIn channels across current and past Future VC years
- Facilitate conversation in these communities; encourage:
- Job posting
- News sharing
- Deal flow sharing
- Event sharing
- Identify and deliver relevant content on a weekly basis, with a particular focus on network-building
- As appropriate, plan events for local meet-ups in areas with a large Future VC population
Collect and report on engagement metrics, such as:
- # of messages sent
- Unique impressions/reactions
This role is a good fit for someone who is looking to help promote talent from underrepresented backgrounds in VC. Community Managers are welcome to join Future VC training sessions and networking opportunities, if of interest.
Community Managers are expected to contribute 1-2 hours per week to Future VC for a minimum duration of 4 months.
To apply, please fill out an interest form here: https://airtable.com/appjPisEXYkxkMzxl/shrUWZZBQwYaEMZSG