The Clean Growth Fund (CGF) is a venture capital fund that invests in early-stage innovative climate tech companies. The Fund’s size is now £60 million and we are targeting £100 million by end 2021. CGF has three LP investors: UK government’s Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, CCLA Investment Management and Strathclyde Pension Fund, who have each committed £20m to the Fund. The Fund strengthens the UK’s world-leading green finance capabilities by pooling public and private capital to invest in new, early-stage clean technology ventures.
CGF will make commercial returns for its LPs by investing in innovations that reduce greenhouse gas emissions or improve resource efficiency across power, transport, industry, buildings, waste and water sectors. The Fund is aiming for a balanced portfolio across clean growth sectors and software, hardware and business model innovations. CGF benefits from investment advisory services and incubation support from Carbon Limiting Technologies a consultancy firm specialising in supporting corporates, innovators, investors and the public sector to commercialise clean technologies.
CGF is seeking a Venture Analyst to join a growing investment team at our London Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the investment process in the form of sourcing opportunities, conducting due diligence (meeting founders, evaluating companies and discussing opportunities with relevant industry experts) and working with colleagues to write investment recommendations and complete investments.
- Carrying out deep dives in to target market sectors and companies and producing thoroughly researched reports.
- Monitoring, tracking, and building relationships with companies relevant to our themes.
- Managing the Fund relationship with portfolio companies including providing direct strategic support and coordinating other available support.
- Contributing to thought leadership pieces on climate technology and early-stage investing.
If you are interested please send a CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instead of a cover letter please include a one-page submission (total) that includes concise answers to these three questions:
- How have your experiences prepared you for this role?
- What is the most exciting clean technology start-up in the UK today and why?
- What would success in this role look like for you?