Anthemis cultivates change in financial services by building, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and spirit of collaboration inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for entrepreneurs, institutions, researchers, academics, and visionaries to come together, we believe we can solve the financial services world’s most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
Anthemis invests in technology-driven companies that are driving change in finance. Our portfolio currently comprises a diversified portfolio of best-in-class, high-growth, digitally native financial services companies based around the world.
About the role
We are looking for an Intern to join us for 6 months, working closely with the team that oversee Portfolio Success. This is an exceptionally busy time for the team, so you will provide a much appreciated extra pair of hands.
Within 6 months you’ll:
- Develop an understanding of what it takes to support early stage companies to build their value proposition and go-to-market
- Gain an insight into our ecosystem of portfolio companies, founders, investors and corporate partners
- Add experience to your CV that will be relevant if you’re thinking of a career working with start-ups
- Learn about venture capital (VC)
Tasks will include:
- Gather intelligence on and communicating with vendors/agencies that provide product and growth development services
- Support preparation of founder-focused workshops, community events and programmes
- Supporting portfolio success CRM database management & team operations
- Gathering market/sector intelligence, start-up ecosystem mapping and research.
You’ll need to bring:
- Curiosity about VC and venture-building
- Strong communication skills, project management skills and attention to detail
- Ambitions to develop experience around business operations, business development, marketing and/or market research
- Appropriate working permit for UK/EU
- Availability to start in January 2022