Creator Fund is a Deep Tech VC fund investing in startups across Europe’s leading universities. We back founders building businesses on the edge of what is possible. We believe that Europe’s next generation of technology unicorns will be founded by PhD and academic founders driving innovation in their fields. We invest in frontier technology with the potential to shape the future of mankind, that includes electronic skin for robots 🤖, mutation-proof vaccines 🦠, autonomous drones ✈️, allowing the human mind to control machines 🧠, software to turn videos into the metaverse 📻 .
About the role
Creator Fund has teams across 28 university campuses and is growing fast. Our PhD and other student teams on-the-ground are how we find, understand, and win high-quality opportunities, and they are treated as partners in our Fund. As Operations Director you will manage these teams. This will make you an important part of our investment process, as you will work with our teams to analyse and close deals. You will also be involved in supporting our founders post-investment.
Creator Fund is a startup too. And you will be responsible for building the systems, technology, and processes that allow our model to scale.
You want to play a key role shaping a unique fund in the European landscape. You are excited about the mix of investing and operating experience in this role. We want to speak to a diverse range of candidates, and we do not expect candidates to have all of the below experience. Broadly we are looking for:
- Experience managing teams: You have successfully managed and grown teams, and the people who worked with you would say you were one of the most impactful leaders they know.
- Versatile leadership style: You have the gravitas to build relationships with senior stakeholders (e.g. our LPs) and the empathy and understanding to win the respect of our student teams.
- Founder/Operator or Management Consultant: You have valuable and hands-on experience of how to scale a business, and have been involved in the mission critical activities that drive growth.
- Demonstrated passion for investing: You previously worked in early-stage investing, or you were highly involved in investing/entrepreneurialism at university, or you have been an active angel.
- Interest in Deep Technology: You are excited by founders building frontier technology on the edge of what is possible.
- You have a strong bias for action. A founder mindset, which means you are excited about rolling your sleeves up and leaving your mark on a fast-growing fund.
- Technical background.