Anthemis cultivates change in the financial system by building, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and spirit of collaboration inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for entrepreneurs, institutions, researchers, academics, and visionaries to come together, we believe we can solve the financial services world’s most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
About the role
We are looking for a Portfolio Management & Data Analytics Analyst to join the Office of the Chief Investment Officer (“OCIO”) team. The OCIO team is responsible for conducting portfolio and risk management across all of Anthemis’ early stage investment vehicles (discretionary and non-discretionary), which include 150+ portfolio companies.
The responsibilities of the Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly portfolio valuations (for all Funds managed by Anthemis) as part of our LP / shareholder reporting.
- Liaising with our Fund administrators.
- Updating our portfolio performance monitoring system (a 3rd party platform used to track our investment activity and automate the production of quarterly reports and analyses).
- Managing our KPI tracking system (a 3rd party platform used to automate the collection of KPI and financial data from our portfolio companies), and ensuring the data submitted is accurate and on a timely manner.
- Managing our dealflow system (a 3rd party platform used to track companies in our investment pipeline and generate insights for our investment team).
- Liaising with the teams of new portfolio to brief them on Anthemis’ reporting framework requirements and ensuring a seamless transition into the Anthemis platform.
- Liaising with auditors and assisting in the completion of our annual audits.
- Assisting the fundraise team to prepare fundraise materials and/or investor presentations.
- On an ad-hoc basis, producing LP reporting materials.
- 1+ year of professional experience (preferably gained in a fund administration / reporting, or similar analytical-based role).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Keen interest in early stage investing.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments, while delivering high quality work product.
- Ideal candidate would have strong academic background in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Appropriate UK/EU work permit.