Creator Fund is a Deep Tech VC fund investing in startups across Europe’s leading universities. We back founders building businesses on the edge of what is possible. We believe that Europe’s next generation of technology unicorns will be founded by PhD and academic founders driving innovation in their fields. We invest in frontier technology with the potential to shape the future of mankind, that has included electronic skin for robots 🤖, mutation-proof vaccines 🦠, autonomous drones ✈️, allowing the human mind to control machines 🧠, software to turn videos into the metaverse 📻.
About the role
As Investment Partner you will help manage the investment process at Creator Fund. This is the most senior investing role at the company, after the CEO and Chairman. Your mission will be to build a portfolio of Europe’s most exciting deep technology startups over the next couple of years. You will be responsible for evaluating and closing deals and working closely with our portfolio founders to help them scale.
This is an investing role, but as we are a fast-growing startup it will also involve operations. You will be a senior leader in the Fund helping shape corporate strategy with the CEO and board and develop our internal processes and infrastructure for our new Funds.
You want to be a leader and play a key role at a unique fund in the European landscape. You don’t want to just be another employee in a large investment firm, you want to be involved in building and shaping something new. You are excited about the investing and operating experience in this role. We want to speak with a broad range of candidates, and we don’t expect candidates to cover every area below:
- Investor at an early-stage fund with experience winning and closing deals, keen to move to a role with more seniority and entrepreneurialism.
- Former founder or senior operator who has developed considerable investing experience through angel investments and other investing activity.
- Strong interest in the deep technology space. You are excited to work with founders building companies on the frontier of what currently exists.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly. We don’t expect you to be an expert in all the areas we invest in, but you need to be capable of mastering new verticals efficiently.
- Versatile leadership skills and EQ: You need to have the gravitas to manage relationships with our LPs, while at the same time build trust and respect with our young student investing teams.
- You have a strong bias for action. A founder mindset who is excited about rolling their sleeves up and leaving their mark on a fast-growing fund.
- Founders you have worked with in the past would say that you had an instrumental impact on their business.
- Technical education / PhD