- Support origination activities, including conducting desktop research and attending industry events to build relationships across the start-up ecosystem;
- Support development of an internal network within BAT to source deals;
- Maintain a pipeline tracker of potential investment opportunities;
- Evaluate deals through a process of commercial, financial and technical due diligence using a pre-defined framework;
- Develop templates articulating key information of proposed investments for business sponsorship;
- Build financial models and use financial valuation methodologies to assess company valuation, funding requirements, and structures for potential investments.
- Support the Investment Principal, Investment Manager and Investment Associates in development of investment cases for new opportunities to be presented to the Investment Committee for approval.
- Interest in working with start-ups;
- Basic financial modelling understanding;
- Familiarity with VC process and key terms used in the negotiation and structuring of transactions;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to solve challenges in a logical way;
- Ability to think critically;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and deliver under pressure and tight timelines;
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in a team-oriented mind-set;
- A self-starter able to operate with limited need for close supervision or guidance;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships;
- Ideally initial past professional experience (from another VC fund, investment bank or Big 4 Transaction Services preferred).
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com