Anthemis is a venture investment platform founded on three guiding principles: authentic collaboration, virtuous cycle outcomes, and diversity and inclusivity.
Due to the increasing growth of our investment portfolio, we are looking to hire an Investment Associate to support the team with the increasing workload. The Investment Associate role will involve working to support the New York investment team in everything from sourcing, diligence, deal execution and portfolio management. Primary responsibilities of the Investment Associate will involve supporting the flagship Anthemis Fund (Anthemis Venture Fund), which focuses on Pre-Seed, Seed and Series A deals across the US and Europe, as well as our Female Innovators Lab vehicle which is focused on supporting female Pre-Seed companies and entrepreneurs.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing robust pipeline of early stage deal flow and ecosystem connectivity (founders, investors, industry players, etc.) to support Anthemis Venture Fund and Female Innovators Lab deal funnel.
- Assisting in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process. This includes possessing ‘hard skills’ associated with deal diligence and execution, and an intimate understanding of the mechanics behind venture capital.
- Attending relevant industry conferences and events, developing deep relationships with the fintech ecosystem in a way to enrich the Anthemis brand and expand connectivity.
- Tracking, managing and updating dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Assisting in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies, post-investment.
- Preparing periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
- Working on projects that support the Anthemis reach within the early stage fintech ecosystem, including organizing founder / investor meet-ups, publishing articles, appearing on podcasts and other media types, and more.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within financial services preferably in venture capital. Alternatively, similar experience playing a key role in a technology startup related to Anthemis’ investment thesis.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology, insurance and broader financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, technical and presentation skills, with strong comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Advanced financial analysis skills and complete comfort with financial modelling exercises in a fast-moving environment.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectual curiosity and team-orientation.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
- Appropriate US work permit.