Brands are being built differently and consumers continue to seek out products where you can see through the marketing to the actual maker. Davids are beating Goliaths. This is the space where we operate – working with a portfolio of entrepreneurs from across the world who are launching and growing the businesses which will reshape the drinks industry.
Distill Ventures (DV) is the world’s first accelerator dedicated to working with drinks brands. We are an independent company working exclusively with Diageo to support entrepreneurs.
We have a dynamic, collaborative, lean and progressive working environment which values strong opinions. We offer a combination of investment, mentoring and access to expertise – all in service of helping the founders of our portfolio companies grow their businesses to global scale.
All of our investments are in companies with a first-class founding team – and our job is to help them continue their growth. We do this in a number of ways – through mentoring, technical expertise around production and supply chains, business planning and growing a team.
With the growth in the portfolio, DV is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated individual to fulfil the role of Investment Analyst. The successful candidate will be a key member of DV’s collaborative Finance & Investments team.
The responsibilities of the role include helping across all stages of the investment lifecycle from direct participation in the key stages of the investment process, performance analysis of DV’s existing portfolio and working alongside the start-up drinks brands of the future helping them build winning plans.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and learn a broad range of finance and investment skills while gaining hands-on insight into the workings of FMCG start-ups.
• Assisting with all aspects of driving deals to completion including conducting basic due diligence on potential investees and working with our legal partners to coordinate the execution of legal documentation.
• Financial modelling including valuation analysis and cash flow statement analysis.
• Assisting in the review of investment asks and their impact on overall deal economics, collaborating with the wider DV team to validate business plans and preparing deal memos for decision makers.
• Liaising directly with portfolio companies to review and consolidate financial and KPI data to prepare monthly performance reports with insights and analysis for key stakeholders.
• Optimising and maintaining our database of historical financial, annual budget and KPI data.
• Assisting with the modelling of potential growth outcomes and risk factors for the DV portfolio as part of the annual planning process.
Experience and Skills
• 1-2 years of finance experience, ideally working in venture capital or in/with start-ups.
• Understanding of key financial concepts with strong financial and data modelling skills. Highly analytical and able to pull out key insights from financial data.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Keen to work in a diverse and vibrant start-up environment. Passionate about what we do and our values.
• Curious, ambitious and willing to take the initiative.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently with minimal oversight.
• Ability to navigate tight deadlines and manage competing priorities without comprising on attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to relay complex information to difference audiences in a variety of formats.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and self-awareness. Being able to build relationships with both founders and key members of Diageo’s Business Development team.
• Humility and openness to other people and ideas.
Location: Based in London with ability for flexi-working.
Please send applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org