Atomico is one of Europe’s largest venture capital firms founded in 2006 by Niklas Zennström. We are at the centre of the European technology ecosystem and are passionate about continuing to build that ecosystem, and partnering with the most ambitious, mission-driven founders building category-winners.
If you want to be part of a team committed to partnering with game-changing founders, consciously scaling companies in the pursuit of solving world problems at scale, then Atomico is the place for you. You will join a Company on a mission to develop the world’s most prosperous, sustainable, inclusive and mission-driven technology ecosystem right here in Europe.
About the role
This role has a fundamental part to play in expanding Atomico’s networks and communities within the ecosystem, building and deepening valuable relationships with key, value-add individuals and stakeholder groups, cementing Atomico’s position as investor of choice and employer of choice across the European ecosystem.
The role is a critical position in helping us to generate people network effects and to build our community into a source of intel and expertise, to engage a network of people that advocate and reference on our behalf, and that serves to unlock access to and shape the preferences of the most ambitious and talented founders.
You will work closely and collaboratively with all key functions, including investment, growth acceleration, investor relations, marketing and communications to help them to achieve their goals via our Community initiatives. You will consult with, advise, design and/or implement flagship and intimate Community-centric programmes to extend Atomico’s network and enhance our reputation within our target communities.
You will be expected to design new project initiatives based on top-level firm and functional goals and informed by data, set priorities, and manage towards operational completion. As Head of Community you will own strategy, be market facing, and deliver key initiatives including online communities, in-person events, and online events, with administration support from other team members.
- Strong experience of working alongside external facing teams and stakeholders to understand their business requirements, then design and implement programmes and events to exceed expectations
- Proven track record of delivering high impact programs and events
- Ability to work autonomously and at pace, with minimal oversight
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- High EQ, perceptive, and able to build high quality relationships
- Strong ability in stakeholder management
- High levels of ambition, energy and resilience
- Agile and flexible approach with the ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements in a fast-paced environment
- A strong team player who puts the best interests of the wider team before their own
- Positive attitude, humble nature, and high integrity
- Highly discrete and ethical in all matters
- Ability to be bold and progressive and lead rather than follow
- Driven but flexible in style with a strong growth mindset
- Excellent commercial judgment, ability to think independently, use own initiative, and be proactive
- A strong interest in technology and a well-developed understanding of the Venture ecosystem
- High-quality communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint (or Google suite equivalents)